30 weeks I went to my midwives she asked if my blood pressure had been high with my other pregnancies. I said no I was probably just a little run down. A few days later I noticed a mild swelling in my feet hands and face. I felt claustrophobic with the tightening. Then we went on our planed trip to Demain’s 8 hr drive each way when I got home I called the midwives to ask about the swelling. They said to not worry because they had done some blood work and I looked fine. I started to feel really crappy so I went to Safeway and checked my BP it was 140/90 something. So I called and asked that they bump my next appointment up a week, which was the next morning. At that appointment they found protein in my urine which is another sign of preeclampsia. So I had to do more blood work and a 24 hr pee test as well as go on “modified bedrest” taking it easy. I started to do some research and realized I had all the markers for pre-e and there was no other thing it could be.
When I dropped off my 24 pee test they said the results wouldn’t be back until after the weekend it was Wednesday! So the next morning I called the midwives because I felt concerned about having to be aware of the baby’s movements. She humored me and I met her at the hospital had fetal monitoring. We talked and I became relieved that the baby would be fine and my own motherly instincts would kick in if the baby was destressed.
32 weeks:The next afternoon I was called into admitting again because my 24 hr urine came back (early) and it had abnormal results. Now I must meet an OB and be under his care. Dr. Rosengarden the soap opera doctor. This time when I came to admitting my BP was up to 150/90 so they decided to admit me so I could do some further in hospital testing. I also get the steroid shot for the babies lungs just in case he comes early. I lay in hospital all weekend feeling fine and healthy with test after test after test being done. I met a lot of doctors and they all said something different about the disease. Then just as I was getting out on Monday my BP went up again so they kept me another day. When my doctor came the next morning I was sent home and happy. But now I was on complete bedrest with the Anti Partum Home Care Program. (which is amazing btw) The nurses give you a bp cuff and all the testing equipment and you do the testing at home. They call every day and check the results and come every second day to do fetal monitoring. I am happy to home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment