Saturday, April 11, 2009

It all begins

The nurse comes and takes me into this room... the room I will deliver my son in. A room where I will have to experience pain and lots of it and I know I have done it twice before I am not going into this blind. I am not ready! I want to run away! Pregnancy is 40 weeks so you can get huge and uncomfortable which gives you reason to go through labour you want the baby out!! I am not there I am far from there.

This nurse is unexplainable she has the most intense nasal voice and she talks in circles... Hiiiii I am Audrey I had preeeeeclampsia with my second let me tell you all about it...... I was scared how could I go 12 hrs with this woman! Luckily she was just setting me up and going of shift. THANK GOD!!!! Now this room was intense not like my home birth lots of machines and birthing stuff. I also wasn't in labour so I could see everything and cared. I have been on hospital tours where they show you the nice rooms that look like hotels... this was not it this was better then the OR but still scary. We get the new nurse and her nurse in training “Shizer” and Melissa. Yes the labour and delivery nurse named Shizer!

Now comes in the intern. I think he was 20 OK I guess 26 or something. A guy you would see at a bar picking up the ladies on any given Friday night. I ask if they can just give me 24 hrs. He pulls out the big guns…. “some woman come in with BP 150/90 and baby is dead… some come in with 170/110 baby is fine” You may start having seizers or brain swelling…… OK fine you got me I will submit. Now this means he is going to give me an internal WHAT!!!!! I close my eyes while the 26year old proceeds to give me the Prostaglandin Gels. I will now get these 3 times spaced about 6 hrs apart. Early in the morning nicely asleep a woman doctor comes in and violates me giving me the worst internal ever…grrrr I was mad. 2 dose done. I decided as I was woken every hour for BP readings I would ask Kate if she wanted to join us. I call her in the AM.
Here I am hooked up ! I have 2 belts recoding fetal heart rate and contractions, a ET monitor stuck to my finger and an IV of Magnesium Sulfate in my arm. This is to stop me from seizers. Nice. Every time I have to pee I have to call the nurse so I can get unhooked. This sucks oh and I have a headache.

No comments:

Post a Comment