Friday, May 8, 2009

1 Month Already

I really don't know how this happened I have a month old. I have mixed feelings of happiness and sadness. I am happy the first month has gone so well but I also feel it has gone by way to fast! I forgot how much I love newborns. I love love love them. (my own anyways) I love the sounds they make the way they sleep and how they are perfectly harmless. Mind you Liam has only had 1 crying spell that lasted 30 min which I think was a mix of inhaling a barf and a nasty gas bubble. I was a little scared my solution take our clothes off have some skin to skin and breast feed. Ahhh silence: all that hippy upbringing really paid off!

We went to the doctor yesterday Liam is 5lbs 12oz he gained exactly 2lbs in one month! She was very impressed with my super boob milk. The down side of our appointment was my blood pressure was up 140/92 so I have to go back on the silly medication. 

In the last 2 days Liam has taken to raising his head off my chest and trying to turn his head. This is a normal 1 month development which is interesting because he is still - 2weeks. Did I mention he sleeps 23 hrs a day!!!! I am serious he wakes a little to feed which lasts 10 min maybe 20min for a long feed and is awake looking around for may be 10min twice a day. This is why I love newborns right now. 

Oh the little one is awake got to go.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! One month already!!! You are doing awesome and never doubt that hippy wisdom...it's not always bang on but in the life bearing, Earth Mother vein, it is.

    ReplyDelete