Saturday, April 11, 2009

Liam

He is doing great he doesn't need extra oxygen or a feeding tube he drinks from a bottle and has been stable since the beginning. All the nurses keep mentioning he is a screamer but it is only his pitch that is making them say something it is very high and this is not due to being premature. They even write in his charts about how he screams! He also only cry's or screams as they would put it when he is being handled at diaper changes ect. He sleeps a good 3 hrs straight between feeds. This gives me comfort that he is happy and not irritated when I am gone.

There are lots of rules to the IR (intermediate care) and every nurse has a different set of them. It can be quite the learning curve. I have been taking a back seat roll which is a change for me. My last hospital dinner has arrived and I have to go feed Liam before the nurse does. I will talk more about the IR later.....I am going home. One Big Deep Breath!

1 comment:

  1. wow! what an experience! glad you were able to share it! i always beg the midwife to break my water, just to get labour over with!

    ReplyDelete