Sunday, April 12, 2009

Day 4

Today was a good day.

I had some good cries this morning maily thinking about my milk supply hoping it will not dry up. I just havn't had that super engorged feeling yet. But I got a super good pump in this afternoon 100ml! For me that is great. I think my milk is in.

I got dropped off at the hospital this afternoon after spending the morning with the kids at Grammmy and Papas which was full of Easter fun. The kids had a great time. Once here Liam was sleeping he is now feeding on demand which is great news. Funny enough at home this would mean nursing all the time but with a preemie it means he can eat as much as he wants then sleep for a long time ... 4hrs!!!! Wow! I hope he can keep that up. I got to change his diaper then try breastfeeding. Last time I tried to breastfeed he just bairley opened his mouth, I rubbed my nipple against his lips he just slept. Today I was adjusting him to put him on and he snatched my boob like a pro before I was ready. He nursed for 10min with a perfect latch chugging the whole time. This is a major development! This gives us a huge leg up in getting him home sooner. Ahhh now I can feel at peace my lack of forcing breastfeeding. I was a little scared this morning that my lack of trying was going to kick me in the butt later. Thankfully the little guy is a hungry one. I feel like all my decisions are working out. Now I will go home and have Eaaster dinner with my family and tuck my other kids into bed.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you and Liam! You're a pro at being a mom, so of course this is going to work out.
    Seems like he loves food... solid little guy!
    Happy Easter to you and your family! Stay strong! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You totally rock...your Mama instinct, experience and knowledge are all working together to make you a mothering expert...keep on truckin', Mo', you are amazing! New mantra: (to the tune of row row row your boat) pump pump pump your milk, fill the bottle full....(you can make up the rest...) Big hugs....

    ReplyDelete