Monday, April 13, 2009

Day 5 I think!

Back at the hospital.... I think this is how all my posts will start for the next week or two.

I talked with Liam's doctor today. Liam is doing awesome he is now up to 50ml per feed which is amazing for such a little guy. Yesterday he was doing 32 ml. I asked about when he might come home the doctor guessed 1-2 weeks. I thought Laim had to get to 5lbs before discharge because the car seat regulation is a min of 5lbs, but the doctor said he only had to get to 1800 grams which is just around 4lbs. The other factors are that he is feeding well and gaining weight and that he can maintain his own body temperature. So we are way closer than I thought. They don't want to lower the temperature to fast or he will use energy and weight so it is a gradual process. I am totally fine with this. He is a sleepy guy who is happy in his little warmer. He is super cute he almost never wakes up. He eats for a bit passes out eats a bit more poos and back to sleep for 4hrs.

Life is good the big kids are happy to have me home and I am happy to be done with bed rest. I love being able to make my own food or get my kids cereal in the morning.

2 comments:

  1. You're Super Mama, Morag! I'm glad to hear things are looking up!

    xxoxox
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome news about little Liam...Nice to hear the good news!

    ReplyDelete